Skip to content
- 20 fresh raw oysters shucked in the deep half of the shell with the liquor or juice.
- 1/4 lb of compound butter. (Recipe to follow)
- 1 cup crushed Ritz crackers or bread crumbs
(I didn’t realize that we were out of bread crumbs so I used
the crackers and we actually liked it better.)
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese.
- Fresh lemon wedges
Compound Butter Ingredients
- 1 stick (1⁄4 lb) unsalted butter softened
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- Mix ingredients in a bowl . Transfer to plastic wrap and roll into a log . Refrigerate for about 20 minutes.
- Shuck the oysters. Keep them in the deep half of the shell with the liquor. Use a good oyster knife and a towel to hold the oyster and protect your hand.
- Place oysters on a sheet pan .
- Top each oyster with a dollop of compound butter (about a teaspoon or so)
- Combine the crackers and Parmesan cheese
- Top each oyster with a sprinkle of the cracker mix
- Place under broiler (about 5 inches from the broiler) until bubbling. Just about 4-5 minutes.
- Serve with lemon wedges
2 thoughts on “Broiled Oysters”
Love ❤️ your art! And all ways wishing you all the all the time!
You’re funny it looks you are a good person!🤟🏽