- 8 chicken tenders
- 2 cloves of garlic sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallot
- 1 cup white wine (optional)
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄4 lb unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- Olive Oil
- Salt, pepper, garlic powder
- 1 tsp guar gum
- Season the tenders with a mixture of salt, pepper and garlic powder. (1tbsp each salt and garlic powder. 1 tsp fresh ground black pepper)
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil (medium high) in large sauté pan
- Brown tenders about 2 minutes a side
- Remove tenders to a paper towel lined plate
- Lower heat to medium low
- Add a bit more oil to pan if needed and then add the garlic and shallots.
- Cook for 2 minutes
- Add white wine if using and let it cook off for 3 minutes
- Add the chicken broth and butter
- Bring to boil allow butter to melt
- Add the guar gum and cook for about a minute
- Reduce to a simmer
- Return tenders to pan
- Cook for about 3 or 4 minutes basting tenders with the sauce until cooked through.
- I serve over riced cauliflower. You can serve over rice or pasta if you prefer.
- Top with some of the chopped green onion.
*Note: I use the guar gum as a thickener for the sauce but you can use your preferred thickener (cornstarch slurry or flour).
If using flour to make a roux: I would add the butter before adding the broth, add a tablespoon of flour and cook for about a minute then add broth.
5 thoughts on “John’s Chicken Strips”
John ,this really looks good ,will definitely put it on my to -do list .
Finally, I had a chance to check this recipe of John’s! I have everything I need except the tenders. Can I replace with drumsticks???
I didn’t know what gar gum was so I looked it up. It says a side effect can cause increase gas production, diarrhea, and loose stools. It says side effects will decrease or disappear after several days of use. So I think it’s important for people to know. Like you said you can use flour instead, or maybe cornstarch to thicken.
Where is ur recipe for ur Stuffed chicken strips or tenders? That u did a week ago?
It is in a post on my Facebook page. I need to send it to my web person this week to put on my blog.