Skip to content
- 11⁄2lbs ground chuck
- 12 small zucchini or any small squash
- 1 Cup Long Grain Rice
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 teaspoons Allspice
- 2 Tablespoons of Water
- Mix meat, rice, salt, pepper and allspice together add about 2 Tablespoons of water and mix.
- Hallow your zucchini’s out, leave some of the flesh then lightly stuff leaving about a 1⁄2 inch open at top, the rice needs room to expand.
- 29oz can of tomato sauce
- 2 cloves of garlic chopped
- 2 Tablespoons fresh mint chopped
- Salt & Pepper
- Add a about 2 Tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive oil in pot then sweat the garlic (this means just cook until it starts to get fragrant you don’t want it to get brown)
- Add the tomato sauce then place you stuffed zucchini’s into pot and add water until the zucchini’s are covered then add the mint and salt and pepper.
- Place a plate on top of the zucchini’s to hold them down then cover and simmer for about 45 to 50 minutes.