Skip to content
- 1 Jar Grape Leaves Rinsed or Fresh Grape Leaves if Available
- 11⁄2 lbs. Ground Chuck 80/20
- 1⁄2 Cup uncooked Long Grain White Rice
- Salt and Pepper
- 5 Cloves Garlic Sliced
- 1⁄2 Cup Chopped Fresh Mint
- Juice of 2 Lemons
- Combine meat and rice season with salt and pepper.
- Add 1⁄3 to a 1⁄4 cup of water to moisten up the meat so it will not dry out by the rice when cooking.
- Make a small oval meatball place at the base of the grape leave and begin to roll folding in the sides as you roll up.
- Layer the stuffed grape leaves in a sauce pan placing the garlic on each layer.
- Add the lemon juice, mint then add lightly salted water just to cover the grape leaves, place a dish on top to hold the grape leaves down, cover pot.
- Bring to a boil and then lower heat to a simmer cook until done 45 minutes to an hour.